Friday, July 08, 2005

"Terror War" Combatants Violate Rules, Play Outside of Iraq

Summer is here -- and with it come the bombs.

As HuffPo and others have noted, with the bombing of London, Bush's motto -- Let's fight the terrorists over there in some hell hole, so we don't have to fight them at home in God's chosen land (or something) -- has again been proven to make no sense. Bombs in Madrid one year, London the next. Shall we avoid Copenhagen next autumn?

Apparently, the people of London drank a few extra pints and went on. As sane a response as any. All along, that city has protested passionately against the war. It has done its part to show the world where it stands. It is not now grandstanding about victimhood. London is used to terrorism and war and mad dogs. London goes on.

While I feel safe here near the bay, and I trust my daughter is safe at her day camp, and I know that my wife will kick anybody's ass that threatens any of us, I can't help feeling that I am missing something very important. I'm forgetting something. I am disconnected. Call it a "Defense MechaBushism."

Meanwhile, I have not yet read a connection between the bombs and Karl Rove's little inconvenience. Fire, bombs, racist bombshells -- diversions have an uncanny way of materializing just when Karl needs them. Of course, in this case, no such connection exists. None.

The Bush crowd makes a point of staying disconnected.

Let's chew the fat on it; let me know what you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home