Thursday, August 11, 2005

Angry about Novak, Rove, Libby, Bush, Stonewall of Sheehan, Soldiers Dying in Iraq?

I get angry when the boss takes a vacation when there's work to be done. In this case, GWB needs to deal with some political fallout from his political advisor, Karl Rove, orchestrating a smear campaign of Joseph Wilson that resulted in revealing the identity of a covert CIA operative.

Also, there's the unjust war that is killing more and more each day.

Also, there is the economy that is based, in a large part, on once red-hot housing market that is starting to cool fast.

And then there's a mother of a dead soldier who just wants GWB to tell her why this war is noble.

Worst of all is the feeling that I can't do anything.

____------_____

Positive spin: the bloggers are taking care. The blog roll I have listed here -- esp. The Note, Crooks and Liars, the Daily Kos, and the Huffington Post -- keep on top of it. Yeah, there's a bit of a blog echo, but that's just people talking to each other and analyzing stuff.

____-------_____


After tomorrow, I may have to stop posting for a couple of weeks when I hit the road with family and spend the remainder of August in the Pacific Northwest.


____-----_____

Unlike Andrew Sullivan, I cannot have Dan Savage sit in for me while I'm gone. Both of these guys are smart and courageous bloggers. Sullivan for being a pioneer and a very hard worker (even though I disagree with about 95 percent of his positions) and for asking Dan to sub; Dan for editing an excellent newspaper, The Stranger in Seattle, and for writing an amazing sex advice column, and for writing a superb book, The Kid, about his process of adopting his son through open adoption.

____----_____


So starting Saturday, I won't post for awhile. If I get an excellent substitute, well, I got lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home